Monday 15 March 2010

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

Published: Simon & Schuster 1 April
From Goodreads: A fresh, urban twist on the classic tale of star-crossed lovers.
When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created “perfect” life is about to unravel before her eyes. She’s forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for—her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect. Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more. In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart.


I don’t think words can describe how much I loved this book! Well, actually, two would probably sum it up... Alex Fuentes! Joking aside, there is much more to this novel than just Alex but I don’t think I’ve come across a character I have enjoyed more.

I loved the dual narrative. As I have said in previous reviews this has fast become my favourite style of narration as not only do we get inside the head of each character but we get to see them from each other’s point of view. I adored Alex – hot, sexy, tough, yet at times, sensitive and sweet - and Brittney was incredible sweet too. You could understand her need to be perfect and I loved that she was more than she appeared to be. I especially loved how her relationship with her sister was portrayed. There were many other characters, all of them fleshed out enough to really pull you into the story.

The story itself was really enjoyable. Kind of predictable but in an unpredictable way –you have a good idea of where the story will end up but the journey itself takes you in directions you don’t see coming. I loved it and want to read it again and again.

Simone Elkeles has really impressed me. If I’d had any idea it was going to be this good I would have tried to get my hands on a copy ages ago. If you love romance try this. You won’t regret it!



A massive thank you to Jenny @
Wondrous Reads for sending me a copy to review:)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful review, I cant wait to read the next in the trilogy...it's sure to be awesome I just love the way Simone writes!

Luisa at Chicklish said...

Great review! I really enjoyed this book, too!

Unknown said...

Brilliant review that has got me desperate to log off and go read this book. Alex - sounds unputdownable LOL.

prophecygirl said...

You're very welcome - I'm so glad you loved it! Alex rocks!

So Many Books, So Little Time said...

I LOVED this book so much! Alex is amazing *sigh*. I can't wait for Rules of Attraction.

Lauren said...

This sounds so good! I'm trying to read my review books in roughly the order they come in... but this sounds amazing and I really want to start it *now*!

Maria said...

Glad you liked the book :) I can't wait for Rules of Attraction!

Tahereh said...

awesome review!! i also loved this book!! love what you're doing on the blog, by the way -- these reviews are always so helpful!!

great post!!

Sarah said...

Fab review - I absolutely LOVED this book!! I've added your link to my review :o)

http://bookreviewsbysarah.blogspot.com/2010/03/review-perfect-chemistry-simone-elkeles.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...