Thursday 15 April 2010

Lovestruck Summer by Melissa Walker


From Goodreads:
Austin music fest Yay, summer in Austin! Good food, good times. Fun for everyone! Okay, living with my sorority-brainwashed cousin, who willingly goes by "Party Penny," is not exactly what I had in mind. All your favorite bands. But the cute musicians I've met totally make up for it . . . like Sebastian. Swoon. All ages welcome. So why can't I stop thinking about Penny's friend All-American Russ and his Texas twang?? Saturday & Sunday, from noon to midnight. Don't wait up!


This was a really fun, if rather quick read. I liked the characters - Quinn was great as the central character - especially towards the end when she starts to realise that what we think we want is not always what we actually want. She and Russ have some great chemistry and I really enjoyed their scenes together. I also really liked Penny and Jade, and Miss Tiara was just so cute! I didn't like Sebastian though, but I'm not sure if I was supposed to.

I had a good idea how the story was going to end, but there were also things that happened that took me by surprise. I loved the ending - really sweet! Goofy smile sweet!

Overall a bit predictable but good fun, and let’s just say that any book that has a cross dressing dog in it gets my vote!

6 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

I love a cute fun predictable read :)

Luisa at Chicklish said...

I loved this book! Thanks for the review.

prophecygirl said...

I loved this book too! Cowboy Russ was my kind of guy :)

So Many Books, So Little Time said...

This sounds like such a cute, summer read. Thanks for the review!

Anonymous said...

it's so fresh and cute. As light as it is I think it says something about those silly prejudices that we develop as young teen (I surely did)

Unknown said...

I'm thinking this is not really my kind of read. Good to hear you found it fun though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...