Monday 7 September 2009

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR HUNGER GAMES From Amazon: After winning the brutal Hunger Games, Katniss Everdeen returns to her district, hoping for a peaceful future. But Katniss starts to hear rumours of a deadly rebellion against the Capitol. A rebellion that she and Peeta have helped to create. As Katniss and Peeta are forced to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. Unless Katniss and Peeta can convince the world that they are still lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying... The terrifying sequel to The Hunger Games.


Oh My God! This book is just so good! From the first page I found myself sucked back into the story, with no clue as to what would happen next. Suzanne Collins does a grand job of throwing in twists and turns that you just don't see coming. I loved the direction the story took and can't wait for the next installment. The only complaint I have is that the book ends on a cliffhanger. I hate that at the best of times but when you have to wait a whole year to find out what happens next it's somewhat annoying. Other than that I can't fault the book at all - it completely surpassed my expectations. Absolutely brilliant!


1 comment:

prophecygirl said...

Yay! I gave this 5 stars too, would have given it more if possible. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...